Lindsey Creek Park-Boxwood Estates
Capitalizing on the continuing post-World War II suburban boom, Columbus Enterprise, Inc. began Lindsay Creek Park in 1952 as a middle-class neighborhood, and Ranch Houses soon filled its lots. To the east of Lindsay Creek Park in the mid-1960s, Ray Wright created the smaller Boxwood Estates. Its appearance resembled that of its neighbor. Also part of this area is Emerald Forest, which Ray Wright created in the mid-1980s. Its substantial middle-class homes occupy fifty-seven lots, arranged around four cul-de-sacs. This entire neighborhood enjoys a location convenient to regional shopping centers and a growing civic and education complex that includes the Columbus Public Library, the Muscogee County Public Education Center, the City Services Center and City Natatorium.