Wynnton Grove/Wynnton Dell
In the late 1940s, A.G. Wells began developing Wynnton Grove on fifty-two wooded acres. The neighborhood of mid-century homes grew up around a few Victorian clapboard houses, including Colonel Freeman’s farmhouse built in 1841 on what is now Preston Drive. The development of Wells Drive began in 1946, followed by Preston Drive in 1950, and Iris Drive in 1953. To the east, real estate developer W. G. Salter platted Wynnton Dell in three sections (1948 and two additions in 1952) along Iris, Dell, and Marilon Drives. In general, its houses were built later than those in Wynnton Grove. The Wynnton Grove/Dell neighborhood today offers convenient access to the Columbus Public Library, the growing civic and educational complex on Macon Road, and shopping at Cross Country Plaza and the MidTown Shopping Center.