The Shepherd Place neighborhood, northeast of the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Brown Avenue, derives its name from the antebellum estate of Edward Shepherd, a planter who farmed hundreds of acres south of Columbus. By 1900 housing in the southern portion of this area resembled the Bottoms with scores of shotgun homes built tightly together. Beginning in the 1960s, redevelopment produced the E. E. Farley Homes and three educational facilities—J.D. Davis Elementary School, Marshall Junior High and the MCSD’s Columbus Roberts Support Center. The northern portion of the neighborhood contains Moye Place, a 44-lot subdivision developed by the Jordan Company beginning in 1946. Most houses along the tree-lined streets are minimal Tudor Revival brick bungalows with a few Ranch Houses.